To serve justice in Illinois and increase public safety by promoting positive change for those in custody, operating successful reentry programs, and reducing victimization.
- We will operate safe, secure, and humane correctional facilities.
- We will provide quality services to those who require medical and mental health treatment.
- We will evaluate people in custody individually and develop an appropriate course of action based on individual needs.
- We will reduce recidivism by offering seamless, efficient services that are geared toward offender rehabilitation.
- Staff is our greatest asset and we will ensure that all staff is trained to the highest professional level.
- This is a team-based environment where open communication and sharing new ideas are encouraged.
- We value the well-being of IDOC staff and individuals in custody and will serve the people of Illinois with compassion and fairness.
Professionalism Integrity Civility Transparency Accountability Responsiveness